Saturday, March 15, 2014

First Attempt

Confession: I haven't read a blog or a tweet. I realize there is a lot to read, to consider, to check out.

I am devoted to being the best musician I can be. If perhaps my wee blog can help or inspire other musicians, then I will be contented.

Right now, I am practicing the use of space in my improvisations and compositions. The space between notes can be full of excitement and drama. Leaving space invites the listener in. Sun Ra wrote "Space is the Place!". Next time you're soloing on a tune, take a chance and leave lots of space. Listen to what happens, both with the band, and within yourself.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - I totally understand, Miles ...best to focus on your music output. Thanks for all your fine gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found decent information in your article. I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it. Cinematic Music

    ReplyDelete